17 juli 2015

Playing with Mistyfuse

In Quilting Arts Magazine Sue Bleiweiss wrote about making unique texture using Mistyfuse. I have never used Mistyfuse but I have read about it in different blogs and also on YouTube and yesterday I made some simple tests.

On a bottom layer I put Mistyfuse and ironed between parchment paper. I wanted to make a shrinkled texture and took a piece of medium weight silk in an ugly color.  I crumpled and steam pressed the silk several times before I fused it to the bottom layer.

Crumpled and steam pressed

Fused to the bottom layer
Then I run basting stiches around the edges and painted the silk. I used Setacolor and let the color dry and re-pressed the silk between each painting.
Painted, pressed and ready to use
 
I made another test fusing bubbles of synthetic organza to a bottom layer.

Fused bubbles
It's Friday so I link this to Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday

4 kommentarer:

  1. Love that texture! Do you have a plan for what to do with it?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I'm so glad this worked out for you. Fantastic textures.

    SvaraRadera

Jag blir glad om du skriver en kommentar till min blogg!